Fujifilm X-Pro 1 16MP Compact System Camera
|May 2, 2012||Posted by admin under Fujifilm|
Fujifilm’s first compact-system camera, the 16.3-MP X-Pro 1 employs a large 23.6 x 15.8 mm sensor and an EXR Processor Pro for fine image quality and great speed.
Initially three wide-aperture prime lenses are available; others, including an 18-72 mm zoom, will be released later. The magnesium-alloy body, with 3-inch LCD (1.23-million-dot resolution), features a retro design with conventional controls and a hybrid electronic and optical viewfinder.
This camera is loaded with features that will appeal to pros and experienced enthusiasts.
- High-resolution (1.44-million-dot) EVF
- Exceptionally sturdy body
- Excellent hybrid viewfinder with 100% coverage
- ISO expandable to 25,600 equivalent
- Continuous shooting at 6 fps
- Hot shoe in addition to built-in flash
- Records full HD video with stereo sound
- No zoom lens available initially
- Most expensive CSC on the market
Hands-On Field Test with Samples
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor
- 3″ LCD + Focal Length Changeable Hybrid OVF
- Fujifilm X-Mount
- 2nd Generation Hybrid Viewfinder
- Focal Plane Shutter
Manufacturer’s Product Description
FUJIFILM has developed a new color filter array that is inspired by the random arrangement of fine film grain, removing the need for an optical low-pass filter to solve moiré and false color issues. In the array, RGB pixels are arranged in 6×6 pixel sets with high aperiodicity (randomness).
Increasing the degree of randomness eliminates the fundamental cause of moiré and false colors – a problem that occurs in conventional arrays when shooting stripes and other repeating patterns. The presence of an R, G and B pixel in every vertical and horizontal pixel series minimizes the generation of false colors and delivers higher color reproduction. As a result of using a film-inspired array, a more powerful EXR Processor Pro is required to process the image signal data. This development will maximize the full potential of the X-Trans CMOS sensor and deliver high speed and high precision image processing.
Prime FUJINON XF lenses deliver the highest image quality
Fujinon lenses have long been associated with delivering high quality images, with optics used for both broadcast TV and medium format cameras. Now the expertise borne out of this enviable optical heritage has been put into lenses for the FUJIFILM X-Pro1. Three compact XF Fujinon fast aperture prime lenses will be sold separately. The “XF18mmF2 R”, “XF 35mmF1.4 R” and “XF60mmF2.4 R Macro” all offer precise control over depth-of-field and deliver excellent out-of-focus bokeh thanks to the design of the molded aperture diaphragm blades.
The blades are curved to create a circular image at all aperture settings, while the very edges of each blade are meticulously rounded off rather than simply cut off, which delivers a sharper image. In addition, the solid feel of the high-quality metal barrel and detailed exposure setting in 1/3 step increments using the aperture ring fuel your desire to capture more photos with every shot.
Cutting edge technology in a beautiful camera body
- The top and base are made from die-cast aluminum alloy which, combined with high quality touches like precise engraving on the top-plate and hand-enamelled lettering on the lenses, underlines the fact that the entire X-Pro1 system is built without compromise.
- This eye for detail extends to the shutter speed dial and exposure compensation control that is precision milled from solid metal. Details like the shutter speed dial lock mechanism and the recessed exposure compensation dial are designed to prevent accidental movement of settings. The knurled finish on the sides of the dials feature rows of minutely milled squared pyramids for superb grip and confidence.
- “Made in Japan” confirms that every part of the construction has had to meet FUJIFILM’s highest standards.
- The lightweight, precision-milled lens hood (included with the lens) has been exclusively designed and machined from aluminum for the FUJINON XF lens. It’s compact size delivers superb light shading performance in a design that perfectly matches X-Pro1 styling.
- Diameters of the aperture ring and focus ring of the 3 Fujinon XF-series interchangeable lenses are only slightly larger than the barrel for sleek uniformity of design. Precision machined from metal, the reassuring click of the aperture ring at each setting and the comfortable torque resistance when operating the focus ring enhances the shooting experience.
- The X-Pro1′s leather-like finish designed for a quality look and durability. The synthetic leather offers resistance to the elements and high durability, while an original manufacturing process produces a texture with the look and feel of authentic leather.
- The X-Pro1 has been designed with the photographer’s comfort in mind. The natural fit of the eyepiece provides excellent shielding from light leakage. A dioptric adjustment lens can also be attached.