Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4.0-5.6 Zoom OIS Lens
|February 1, 2012||Posted by admin under Camera Lenses|
The Micro Four Thirds lens offerings from Panasonic continue to get more sophisticated, which means you can enjoy the advantages of slim, lightweight interchangeable-lens compacts (ILCs) with the kind of optics you might expect to find in a DSLR. Furthering this trend is Panasonic’s line of G X lenses, with two key design innovations.
The Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm f/4-5.6 ASPH O.I.S. telephoto has an electrically powered internal zoom, so it stays the same length while letting you zoom between 90mm and 350mm (full-frame-equivalent, given the sensor’s 2X crop factor).
Panasonic’s Lumix G X Vario PZ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH O.I.S. lens, meanwhile, has a retracting mechanism to reduce its size. It’s bundled with the Lumix DMC-GF3X.
- Compatible with all Micro Four Thirds cameras
- Very fast Light Speed AF motor
- Improved stabilizer
- Lightweight and compact, does not extend
- Superior optical formula
- Super Nano Coat for flare control
- PZ lenses are a bit expensive
14-42mm vs 45-175mm
This is one of the first lenses to include a power zoom mechanism. The amazingly slim pancake lens ($450, street) is the other. Both are equipped with a variable-speed zoom motor, allowing for very quiet and smooth power zooming – ideal when shooting video. Internal zooming ensures that the telephoto lens, with its two ED and two aspherical elements, remains compact at any focal length.
|Focal Length||45 – 175 mm
Comparable Four Thirds and Micro 4/3 Focal Length: 90 – 350 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/4.0 – 5.6
Minimum: f/22 – 22
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.95′ (0.9 m)|
|Filter Thread||Front: 46 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 2.43 x 3.54″ (61.6 x 90 mm)|
|Weight||7.41 oz (210 g)|
Hands-on Review Video
- 90mm-350mm in 35mm equivalent zoom
- Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes reflections at entire visual light range
- POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) integrated into the lens makes it easy to shoot sharp images even in low-lit situations
- Power zoom