Samsung NX200 20MP Compact Digital Camera
|January 7, 2012||Posted by admin under Samsung|
In spite of its metal body and large 20.3-MP sensor, the NX200 is a small, slim and lightweight CSC, partly because the built-in flash and EVF were eliminated. The kit includes a tiny clip-on flash unit and the NX200 accepts larger optional flashguns too. This model, with a fixed 3-inch (614,000-dot) AMOLED screen but no viewfinder, has numerous modes and functions, great versatility in Movie mode, a 7-fps drive speed and many special effects options.
When Samsung introduced its NX100 in 2010, it seemed impressive enough for an interchangeable-lens compact, offering a 14.6MP sensor, a burst speed of 3 frames per second, an ISO range of 100-3200, and 720p HD video. But that was then. In the ongoing ILC-enhancement race, Samsung springs its NX200. The new model boasts a 20.3MP CMOS sensor, a 7-fps burst speed, an ISO range of 100-12800, and 1080p HD video. All of which makes this a serious ILC.
As if to underscore this, the NX200 has a full metal body and an ergonomically improved shape that gives it a sturdiness when shooting stills or video. While more petite than its predecessor, at 4.6×2.5×1.5 inches, it feels very solid.
An improved quick-screen menu interface makes navigation easy, and with Samsung’s i-Function lenses, you can push a button to activate function settings (such as ISO or shutter speed) and change them with the focus ring. The NX200 comes with an 18-55mm kit lens; Samsung plans to launch four new i-Function lenses soon. Stay tuned.
- Very high 20,3-MP resolution
- 1920 x 1080 MP-4 Movie mode
- Superb AMOLED screen
- Easy to use but full-featured
- Versatile 15-point AF system
- Enhancing tools in Playback
- New Panorama and 3D modes
- Zoom lenses are not very small
- No viewfinder
- The camera’s fast drive enables the capture of decisive moments at a speed of 7 shots per second
- The APS-C sensor features super-sonic dust reduction to keep it free of dust motes
- The bundled 18-55mm lens zooms 3x and offers an aperture range of f/3.5-5.6. The OIS II optical stabilization ameliorates camera shake for any image
- The NX200′s bright 3″ AMOLED display features a VGA resolution (640 x 480) for 614k dots and a 100% field of view of what the sensor captures
- Display options include Grid (four types), Histogram (for checking exposure levels), Icon On/Off and a Distance Scale that’s selectable in feet or meters (or can be turned off)
Samsung adds speed and specs with its NX200
Samsung’s NX200 digital camera is another strong model worth consideration from this under-rated camera manufacturer.