Steadicam Smoothee for iPhone 4 and 4s
|March 2, 2012||Posted by admin under Accessories|
Steadicam has a line of counter-weighted products designed to help make handheld videography as smooth as possible. Smartphones are a popular way to capture video, and for smartphone videographers, there’s the Steadicam Smoothee.
It’s available with mounts for Apple iPhone 4, iPod Touch and FLIP Mino HD, but the company says mounts for other video devices are coming. The camera mounts can be used alone as a tabletop stand.
- Designed to fit the iPhone 4 and 4s
- Gives extremely smooth bounce free video
- iPhone mount can be used as table top tripod
- Durable construction
- Comfortable ergonomic grip
Steadicam Smoothee Demonstration
Here’s some noteworthy points:
- It’s light, around 5 lbs which is great if you don’t want your arm to tire out but the smallest wind or tap will still shake the camera.
- You’re supposed to “guide” the camera by using your thumb to keep it positioned the way you want. This contact added shake to the camera but is needed to keep the camera from drifting while you move with it. A cotton ball affixed to the thumb area with some 2 sided tape provided enough cushion against the thumb contact but still gave the needed control for shooting.
- Practice, practice, practice. The pros have been doing it for years, don’t expect feature film quality your first outing.
- If you shoot video with an iPhone and you want to actually move and have the end result be watchable? Buy this.