Velbon Ultra REXi L
|February 6, 2012||Posted by admin under Tripods and Monopods|
Claiming to be a third smaller than similar tripods when closed, the Ultra REXi L also has a low weight of 1.3kg and five-section legs going for it.
It can be extended to 153cm and will support a maximum load of 4 kg, while the multi-angle legs enable you to get the mount as low as 9.5 cm from the ground. The legs are extended with twist locks, while a lever allows the center column to be released instantly. It’s also small enough to fit in a rucksack or camera bag – a winner all round.
- Patented TRUNNION shaft system
- Incredibly versatile
- High quality 5-section aluminium legs
- Detachable 2 section center column
Small but feature-packed, the Ultra REXi L is perfect for travel.
For those instances where tripod weight and size is a consideration – such as when travelling – there is the Velbon Ultra range, from which the REXi L tripod is described as being of professional quality. It provides a full size extended height of up to 153cm and professional load bearing of up to 4kg, yet is ultra compact when folded (down to just 36cm) and also ultra light due to magnesium alloy collar construction. Overall tripod weight is 1.3kg. Five section, multi-angle legs are especially suited to macro photography or for use on uneven surfaces when out walking or, of course, travelling.
Similar Tripods from Velbon
Dolica’s 62″ Aluminum Proline Tripod is ideal for both indoor and outdoor photography. It is perfect for events, sports activity, capturing that one amazing shot. Designed for use with Point-N-Shoot cameras and / or Digital SLR cameras Tripod Features: Professional Aluminum alloy construction and able to support up to 13.2 lbs. Base thread: 3/8″.
Includes ballhead, quick release plate and bubble level. 90 degree vertical platform. Standard-wide angle, semi-wide angle, full-wide angle. Quick release leg locks and non-slip rubber feet.
- Horizontal column feature allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions.
- Eye-catching new design improves ergonomics of the leg angle levers and the horizontal column block.
- Leg angle presets increase the tripod’s stability in bad weather conditions or on uneven terrain.
- Quick action leg locks with new improved design.
- Built-in bubble spirit level makes camera alig nment quick and easy
- Centre column can be quickly and easily swung from vertical to horizontal without any disassembly.
- Horizontal column feature allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions
- Eye-catching new design improves ergonomics of the leg angle levers and the horizontal column block
Velbon Ultra Maxi-M Tripod is innovative, modern, compact and ideal for your digital equipment. It features the patented Trunnion Shaft System (TSS). That means each Leg extends the entire inside length of the outer leg casing, making the tripod extremely compact when folded. The Ultra tripods additionally features the unique, Patented Velbon “Twist Lock” leg system – a simple quick twist and pull allows you to extend each leg in on movement. Another twist locks the leg.
The legs of most tripods are joined to the head via bolts through the top of each leg, however the Ultra MAXi incorporates non-piercing bolts: (i.e. each leg extends the entire inside length of the outer leg casing), making the tripod extremely compact when folded. This unique system is called the Trunnion Shaft System (TSS). Suitable for most compact digital cameras and camcorders.